Trump Wants to Be President
By Michael Collins Piper
Donald Trump’s rise to stardom came as a consequence of his having been a flamboyant front man for some unsavory behind-the-scenes sponsors. Here’s the story:
In his memoir, Trump proudly described how in 1987 he bought his first casino interests when he purchased 93 percent of the voting stock in the Resorts International (RI) gambling concern.
What Trump didn’t say was that RI was controlled by a clique of sordid, international big-money elements in alliance with the Jewish crime syndicate which was, in turn, collaborating with the CIA and Israel’s Mossad in an array of inter-connected money-laundering operations.
The casinos laundered money for the CIA and the Mossad. In return, these agencies used their influence to ensure the mob remained protected from interference by law enforcement.
To understand where Trump fits in, we turn to RI’s murky origins. RI evolved from a CIA front—the Mary Carter Paint Company—set up in the 1950s by then-CIA director Allen Dulles and his close associate, New York Gov. Thomas E. Dewey, a leader of the “Rockefeller wing” of the GOP. While the company did in fact operate a national paint store chain, its real purpose was to function as a covert CIA money-laundering operation.
In 1958 and 1959 Dewey and several associates used CIA funds to buy a controlling interest in the Crosby-Miller Corporation (headed by Dewey friend James Crosby), which was then merged with Mary Carter. The new concern laundered CIA money for the arming of the anti-Castro Cuban exiles and also launched lucrative gambling enterprises in the Caribbean where the CIA was active, having engaged the Meyer Lansky crime syndicate in plots to topple Fidel Castro.
How many law-abiding Americans who bought Mary Carter’s paint would have thought they were funding a joint CIA-mob operation posing behind the smiling face of a “typical American housewife,” the fictional “Mary Carter” whose visage adorned its products?
In 1963 the company spun off its paint division and began focusing on its casino operations, particularly in the Bahamas. In 1967 and 1968 Mary Carter changed its name to Resorts International and expanded. Several principal investors provided the assets:
• Meyer Lansky, the “chairman of the board” of the Jewish crime syndicate;
• David Rockefeller, who provided his family’s clout with the CIA and in global banking to assist;
• The Investors Overseas Service, then the world’s largest “flight-capital” conglomerate, headed by notorious Bernard Cornfeld who was no more than a frontman for two behind-the-scenes principals:
• Tibor Rosenbaum, the Mossad’s Swiss-based arms procurer, who headed the Banque De Credit Internationale of Geneva, the Lansky syndicate’s chief European money launderer;
• Baron Edmond de Rothschild of the infamous banking family and a personal business partner of Rosenbaum in many Mossad-related ventures; and
• William Mellon Hitchcock, an heir to the Mellon dynasty—one of America’s largest family fortunes which has collaborated closely with the CIA for years. In 1970 the mob moved to expand legalized gambling on U.S. soil. Mob chief Lansky called a high-level syndicate conference where the fading resort of Atlantic City was pinpointed as their new target. Prior to this, Lansky-controlled Nevada was the only outpost of legal gambling in the United States. RI’s resources were used to finance the lobbying campaign that brought legalized gambling to Atlantic City and RI quickly moved in.
In 1987 upon the death of RI’s nominal head—CIA frontman James Crosby—up-and-coming New York real estate tycoon Trump stepped in and bought Crosby’s RI holdings. So while the name “Trump” appeared in the headlines, RI’s real movers remained hidden from public view.
Trump shed his RI investments in his much-publicized “bankruptcy” but he remains a major player in the gambling industry—and now he may be running for president of the United States.
A journalist specializing in media critique, Michael Collins Piper is the author of The High Priests of War, The New Jerusalem, Dirty Secrets, The Judas Goats, The Golem, Target Traficant and My First Days in the White House All are available from AFP.
Subscribe to American Free Press. Online subscriptions: One year of weekly editions—$15 plus you get a BONUS ELECTRONIC BOOK - HIGH PRIESTS OF WAR - By Michael Piper.
Print subscriptions: 52 issues crammed into 47 weeks of the year plus six free issues of Whole Body Health: $59 Order on this website or call toll free 1-888-699-NEWS .
Sign up for our free e-newsletter here - get a free gift just for signing up!
(Issue # 9, February 28, 2011)