American Free Press AFP
Last Real Newspaper
Top_bar7About AFPBookstoreArchivesMember Login
left_menu7Free issueSubscribe
left_menu9Online Edition
left_menu13First AmendmentHistoryLinksFirst Amendment
Video clips
Alerts bottom

Institute for Truth Studies

John ellis water

Support AFP: Visit Our Advertisers




Ed Steele’s ‘Intended Victims’ Thwart Accuser’s Release


By Pat Shannan

Yet to be indicted by a grand jury, a shady character named Larry Fairfax had agreed in late August to a plea bargain with federal prosecutors in exchange for his courtroom testimony against patriot-activist attorney Edgar Steele in Idaho on Nov. 1. The federal ploy was thwarted, however, when both Steele’s wife, Cyndi, and her mother filed separate affidavits with the court challenging the action with claims that their lives were still in danger because an unnamed accomplice still on the loose had not been arrested.

Such a plea bargain was but a slap on the wrist for Fairfax, according to Mrs. Steele and her mother, who believe that Steele was innocent from the start. Fairfax, 49, is Steele’s former handyman who claims he secretly recorded various incriminating conversations from November 2009 until June of this year when FBI agents converged on the Steele home and arrested the high-profile lawyer on charges of “murder for hire” of his wife and mother-in-law (who lives out of state).

The documents said Fairfax would plead guilty on Sept. 7, 2010 to one count of possession of an unregistered “firearm,” and a count of making a “firearm” in violation of the National Firearms Act. The “firearm” in this case was a large metal pipe bomb, which was found under Cyndi Steele’s vehicle during an oil change.

Both counts carry a possible 10-year prison sentence, but the final results were to remain pending until the Steele trial is over. Reports say that Fairfax has been a longtime federal informant in drug cases.


However, the motions filed by Mrs. Steele and her mother showed many flaws in the case, particularly that of the unnamed suspect still running free whom they want exposed and arrested, and the court has postponed any further decision on the matter until Oct. 7. While the 14-page plea agreement may have to be rewritten and renegotiated, its existence creates a minefield of facts and-or deception that prosecutors must now walk through while preparing any new agreement.

The documents allege that Edgar Steele also had Fairfax put a pipe bomb under Steele’s own vehicle that he could set off, providing him with an alibi after the other pipe bomb exploded under his wife’s vehicle. The first device did not explode, and Fairfax alleges that Steele demanded an explanation as to why the plan did not work.

Fairfax claims that he and the unidentified individual drove to Oregon to check whether the pipe bomb was still on her vehicle. They didn’t see it and returned to Idaho assuming it had fallen off. Fairfax said he then removed the other device from Edgar Steele’s vehicle.

Steele supporters are highly skeptical of this, wondering how the first bomb could have gotten back on Mrs. Steele’s SUV after both Ed Steele and Larry Fairfax were already in jail. The logical assumption—that it was later installed by the unnamed partner traveling with Fairfax—may have forced the prosecutors into the corner of having to expose an informant that the FBI would prefer to keep undercover.

It was four days after both Steele and Fairfax had been jailed that Cyndi Steele, en route to the federal courthouse for her husband’s arraignment, stopped for an oil change in Coeur d’Alene, where employees at a lube station discovered the pipe bomb. “If she had gone straight to the courthouse instead, the telescopes and mirrors at the parking lot would have discovered the bomb, and Cyndi Steele would be in jail right now,” her attorney told this AMERICAN FREE PRESS writer by telephone.

In testimony during a detention hearing for Fairfax in June, it was revealed that Fairfax was the alleged hit man, and that he had cooperated as an informant who told authorities about Mr. Steele’s alleged murder-for-hire plot. FBI agents testified that Fairfax wore a hidden recording device in meetings with Steele.

Steele maintains his innocence, saying that none of this plotting ever actually happened and the recordings have been created through hi-tech manipulations that have him “saying” threatening words spoken by what sounds like him. This writer has interviewed current officers and former agents who have confirmed that not only does this science exist, but that the FBI has used it in the past.

From the point of view of Mrs. Steele’s legal counsel, for any new plea agreement to be acceptable to her, the FBI must first identify and arrest the unknown accomplice before the Oct. 7 hearing.

Look to AMERICAN FREE PRESS for more breaking developments on this story—all but ignored or completely suppressed by the mainstream media.

Subscribe to American Free Press. Online subscriptions: One year of weekly editions—$15 plus you get a BONUS ELECTRONIC BOOK - HIGH PRIESTS OF WAR - By Michael Piper.

Print subscriptions: 52 issues crammed into 47 weeks of the year plus six free issues of Whole Body Health: $59  Order on this website or call toll free 1-888-699-NEWS .

Sign up for our free e-newsletter here - get a free gift just for signing up!

(Issue # 38 & 39, September 20 & 27, 2010)

Send this page to a friend! (click here)

Please make a donation to American Free Press

Not Copyrighted. Readers can reprint and are free to redistribute - as long as full credit is given to American Free Press - 645 Pennsylvania Avenue SE, Suite 100 Washington, D.C. 20003

Support AFP: Visit Our Advertisers

Send this page to a friend! (click here)


Health Insurance Quote